Monday, June 14, 2010

Greek Salad with Lemon Dill Dressing

This recipe was taken from the Great Beginnings & Happy Endings cookbook by Renny Darling. It was published in 1981. It was fairly simple, when it could have been more detailed, but came out tasting delicious!

The ingredients! Not too many on the list!

Start by cutting up the lettuce (using a plastic utensil will help the lettuce stay crisp and not brown!), slicing the cucumber, tomatoes, olives and green onions. Add the crumbled feta cheese.

I think lettuce is very interesting... So, I took a picture!

Mix all of the ingredients together! Add cracked pepper to your liking! Chill in the fridge until you are ready to serve!
ONTO THE DRESSING!

Gather the ingredients! Lemon juice, water, wine vinegar, oil, dried dill weed, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper!

Mix the Parmesan cheese, water and vinegar together. 

Add the salt, pepper, garlic and dried dill weed! Mix!

Add the oil to the mixture! 


Complete! Drizzle on top of the salad and enjoy! :)

Grab those pens, it's that time again! The ingredients!

Salad:
- 2 cups cut lettuce leaves; about half a head (I used iceberg, but I recommend romaine!)
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup pitted olive slices (I used canned olives that were previously sliced. I recommend greek olives from the deli section of your grocery)
- 4 ounces of feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 green onions, chopped. 
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (I did not use this in my salad)
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 mashed anchovies (optional)

Lemon Dill Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons wine vinegar (I used white wine vinegar)
- 5 ounces oil (I used olive oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste

<3
J


No comments:

Post a Comment