Monday, February 28, 2011

Brandy Apple Chai Cake

This recipe was shared with me by Ian's mom. She found it in the Delaware State News. It is delicious and very easy to make!!




Don't let the ingredients scare you away from trying this yummy recipe! It seems like a lot, but it super de duper easy!!

Beat the oil and sugar until thick and smooth.

 Add the eggs, one at a time.

Mixing the oil, sugar and eggs.

Add the flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt! Mix!


Apples- peeled, cored and chopped.

Add the apples and walnuts to the mixture.

After everything is mixed together!

Pour the mixture into a bundt cake pan that has been coated with cooking spray.

Bake at 325 degrees for 1h15m. Let it cool for 10 minutes in the pan.

While your cake is cooling, you can prepare the glaze for the top. The recipe calls for Voyant Chai Cream Liquer, but due to PA having ridiculous alcohol laws I could not purchase any for the time I needed. Instead, I used heavy cream and chai concentrate. Mix the concentrate (I used Maxwell House Chai Latte mix), heavy cream and powdered sugar together.

All mixed together! I added a little bit more cream than it called for due to it being super thick.

Cake has been taken out of the pan! Not bad for my first bundt cake.

Pour the icing over top. The cake should still be slightly warm, allowing it to melt over the sides.

Delicious! Enjoy :)


Measurements of the yummy ingredients:

Cake
-1 1/2 cups canola oil
-2 cups sugar
-3 eggs
-2 1/2 cups flour
-1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
-1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-3/4 teaspoon salt
-1 1/4 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
-3 1/4 cups apples peeled, cored and chopped
-1/4 cup brandy

Icing
-2 cups powdered sugar
-1/4 cup Voyant Chai Cream Liquer
            (or 2 tablespoons heavy cream & 2 tablespoon chai concentrate)

<3
J

1 comment:

  1. I think it was the News Journal where I got the recipe - it was an article about cooking with liquor. But - wherever it came from, this cake rocks! People in my office thought it was a secret family recipe, and couldn't believe it was the first time I made it. Everyone should try it!!

    ReplyDelete