Monday, February 28, 2011

Homemade Pasta (for lasagna!)

The recipe for homemade pasta comes from the Le Cordon Bleu Complete Cooking Techniques book. Ian got me this book for Christmas and I love it!! A warning- this is my first attempt at making pasta. It may not be pretty, but I promise to have nicer looking stuff in the future! The recipe for the lasagna is also included.



Ingredients!
Lightly beaten eggs.

Add flour to the mixer.

Add the olive oil and salt to the flour.

Add the beaten eggs to the bowl as well.

Mixer attachment that you want to use for this first step.


Mix on level 2 for a few minutes.

 This is what it should look like. A little crumbly.

Switch attachments! Mix for a few more moments.

Let's work our arm muscles!

More kneading. Add a little flour to the counter if you need to.

It's a little tough. Use some strength!

Roll the dough into a ball... the best you can.

Cover the dough and let it rest for an hour.

Add the appropriate pasta attachment to the stand mixer. I am using the lasagna.

My first ever pasta. :) Seems lame, but to me it was magical.
Cut a piece of the dough, put through the pasta roller, fold, repeat until it is the width of the roller.

First set of pasta is complete! Various sizes and shapes, but it works!

More various sized pasta. Let the pasta rest for about a half hour.

I then realized I did not take out the proper sized baking dish! I placed some sauce on the bottom and laid pasta.

Side view. As you can see, I took the easy route and used a nice jarred sauce. 

Lasagna ready to bake!

Blurry, but it gets the point across! Baked and ready to be eaten!

 Plated with delicious homemade italian herb bread.



Ingredients!

Pasta:
-2 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
-3 eggs
-1 tsp salt
-1 tbsp olive oil

Lasagna:
-15 ounces cottage cheese (or ricotta)
-garlic (fresh or powder) to liking
-salt and pepper
-2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
-Parmesan cheese 
-parsley
-1 lb ground beef
-jar or homemade sauce

<3
J

No comments:

Post a Comment